Jordan-Hare Stadium – Auburn Football Stadium
|History:Pat Dye Field at Jordan-Hare Stadium, the nation’s 10th-largest on-campus stadium, with a capacity of 87,451, is entering its 72nd year as home to the Auburn Tigers in 2011.On football Saturdays inAuburn,Jordan-Hare Stadium becomesAlabama’s fifth-largest city. More than 75,000 season tickets have been sold toAuburnhome games in each of the last 18 years.
The stadium is named for Ralph “Shug” Jordan, Auburn’s all-time winningest football coach, and Clifford Leroy Hare, a member of Auburn’s first football team, president of the old Southern Conference and longtime chairman of Auburn’s Faculty Athletic Committee.
Legendary coach Pat Dye has also had his name forever attached to Jordan-Hare Stadium, as the turf officially became known as Pat Dye Field at Jordan-Hare Stadium prior to the 2005 Iron Bowl. Dye, who served as head coach and athletics director atAuburnfrom 1981-92 and was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame in December 2005, ledAuburnto a 99-39-4 record and four SEC Championships in his 12 seasons on the Plains.
1939 Auburn Stadium
1949 Cliff Hare Stadium
1973 Jordan-Hare Stadium
|Jordan-Hare Year by Year|
Jordan-Hare Stadium, University Agency Inc, 251 S Donahue Dr, Auburn, AL